jueves, 16 de julio de 2015

Ready for the Trip?

The day of their trip was getting closer and Case and her little brothers were packing their bags and getting ready. Case was still unhappy and worried about Patty working all summer with Matt. However, there was nothing she can do. The next day Casey´s mother leave them in the airport and waited for their plane for a while. Later Casey and her brothers were close to the airport in the Caribbean Islands which was not so big as she thought. In the airport they saw their father waiting for them with a big smile on his face and they were really happy to see their father again because they only see him like three times in a year. The kids were really tired since Casey couldn´t sleep because her little brothers were kicking her seat and bothering her so also PJ and Mike didn´t sleep for a long time. When they arrived on the Island everyone was excited but very hot. Casey was desperate because she didn´t have service on her phone and there was also no internet to communicate with her friends, the only solution was sending cards, so she start to write to her friends. 

Quotes 

"PJ gives such a hurt look when I hit him, though that now I feel guilty. That´s the problem with little brothers. They´re total monsters whose mission in life is to drive you crazy, but they also have this almost endearing, and annoying, habit of worshipping you. Because of that, I can make them, specially PJ, feel really bad. I mostly try to use this power wisely"(38). 

I connect this with Casey because I also have a little brother who sometimes bothers me and I become really angry with him because he never stop. Also in those moments I say to him things without thinking and then I feel really guilty and sorry.however, even though sometimes I hit him and say things without thinking and he can be a little bit, well very annoying I love my little brother and I think that Case too. The only thing you need to do with little brothers is arm your self with patience.

"Air conditioning takes too much electricity so all the rooms have ceiling fans, which are essential since is very hot here. And humid. Really humid. I mean, dripping-wet-every-minute humid. Dad says we´ll get used to it, that we´ve only being here 2 days and we haven´t acclimate. I hope he´s right because every second I´ve being here so far feels like the gym locker room when our whole class has crammed in there after volleyball practice. It does smell better, here, though, but is very sticky. I don´t know why I wasn´t expecting that"(57). 

I like how Lesley, the author, compares the hot climate and the feeling of being hot and sweat with the gym room after an hour of making sports. I think is a good comparison because makes me feel the way the character does in the story and how the climate in the island might feel. This also reminds to the climate in Guayaquil when I went to visit my uncle and cousins. 

Final Thouhts

I just want Casey to appreciate her vacations a little more and to be more happy about it because everyone would like to have the oportunity of going there and spend their vacations in a different environment such as the Caribbean Islands. 





No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario