It was a normal day as the last two weeks and Casey was starting to get really bored. She always made the same things all days with her little brother PJ and Mike. The only thing she wanted was someone of her age to spend her time and talk about topics of her interest not like the things PJ talked about. That´s why one day she was really excited when her dad and Mike arrive the Island with another boy who was about her age. This guy was named Jonah and Casey couldn´t stop staring at him because of his good looking. With Jonah Casey starts to have more fun and to appreciate more her vacations because with him each day was more entertaining.
Quotes
"Casey, I´ve been thinking about the turtle that got stuck."
"Yeah, Pj?" I say, loading our stuff into the lockers under the seats in Bob´s cockpit. "What about it?"
"Well do you think he was trying to kill himself?"
"PJ! What made you think of that? How do you even know stuff like that?"
"I saw a movie once, on TV? And this lady stuck her head in the oven and tried to kill herself."
Great. I´m actually starting to agree with all those grownups who complain about what kids see on television"(103).
Sometimes I feel the same as Casey with what my little brother sees on the computer and television. Especially now days that the society transmits inappropriate messages for little kids in a casual way or directly. So some of the time I am also agree with the grownups complains just as Casey in the story. In the other hand this shows that Casey´s character in parts of the story is just like a mother who is there to protect her children. This demonstrates that she is a person that really loves and care about her two little brothers.
"Jonah climbs into the cockpit and takes hold of the mainsheet, which controls the mainsail. When he sits down next to me I notice that my heart cranks up again. What is happening here? As if I don´t know, as if I´m two people and only one of me knows or will admit that it´s Jonah and not the luffing sails that is making my heart skip beats"(106).
Oh No! Apparently she is falling for Jonah but if this happens what is going to happen with her BOYFRIEND Matt? Or what if Casey is not going to tell Jonah about her boyfriend? Does she will decide to still being Matt girlfriend?
Final Thoughts
Well... I´m happy that now Case has someone who understands her and with whom she can have fun for the rest of the summer without complaining. And I am sure that Jonah and Casey would end together. If this happens Case would have a secret love leaving Matt appart.

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario