jueves, 30 de julio de 2015

The Best Summer Ever!

Now that Casey is alone with her two little brothers she has to be really responsible and look after them and watch for storms. However, she had a problem that happened at the next day after his father was gone... It was a normal day and Case and her brothers went to see the turtles. Yet, Casey remembered that she didn´t heard the weather station and that they left the shutters open so she return home while her brothers were waiting for her. It was predicted that a storm was going to happen on Ginger wich is the name of the island in which Casey is settle. In that moment she heard a whistle and ran to see her little brothers. PJ was injured so Casey decided to take the boat and go to Tartuga to the clinic. However they return because the sky was getting darker even though it was 11:00 A.M so Casey couldn´t see were Tartuga was. When they arrive home the rain began and since Jonah and Mr.Anderson were gone she decided to go and get Jonah´s sibligs to her house. When they went to see Luke and Annie they discovered that in the storeroom at Anderson´s house were a bunch of turtle shells but Mike and Casey did as if they don´t have seeing nothing and continue their way allthough they were really surprised and curious. When the five get home they quickly went to the basement bringing different types of suplies such as food and flashlights so in that way they could pass the hurracane without complications. At the next day the basement was covered with leaves from the trees that entered from the broken windows and luckily Jonah entered. However Casey was angry at him because she was thinking that Jonah was helping Anderson to kill the turtles and then sell them but when they went to the clinic at Tartuga with PJ she was relief because her thoughts were wrong. Finally, at Tortuga they saw Sheryl and her dad and Casey was really happy. Then a few days later Anderson was arrested and Casey was upset because she and her brothers were going back to California and she wanted to spend more time with Jonah. 

Quotes

"Tutle shells. A bunch of them. Even before it registers what they are, even before I start to think about what they´re doing here, what this means, my breathing speeds up and my heart starts racing"(181). 

When Casey found out that Anderson had turtle shells in his house I was really surprised and a lot of questions come to my head like: Does Jonah knows? or Does Jonah is helping his uncle to kill them? I couldn´t stop reading until the answer comes up. At the end Jonah was innocent and was a relief because I don´t wanted Casey to be angry at him. 

"The whole island is a mess. The landscape looks like an enormous version of my bedroom after I've  been digging through my closet looking for something to wear" (194). 

From this quote I like the comparison the author, Lesley, did with the mess of the Island and Casey´s bedroom. When I read this quote I felt connected with Casey because I´m also messy as Case is telling us and by reading it I immediately picture the island with all of the mess due to the hurricane. 

The End...
Well in my opinion I liked this book and I recommended to the young girls who like romantic stories about a summer love. I think that Jonah and Casey were a really cute couple more than what Casey was with Matt. I wanted her to be with Jonah forever but it was impossible since they live far from each other. I hope they see each other again.


   

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario