domingo, 26 de julio de 2015

I didn´t Expected

In the last few chapters I had read from "The Problem with Paradise" many important things had happened. The first one starts when Casey, PJ and Jonah went to Lizard Island and when they were in the boat Jonah gives Casey the letter from Matt however she decided not to read it and wait for another moment in which she is alone. Then when they arrive to Lizard Island for a moment Jonah and Casey were alone together while PJ went to see his
snorkel at the boat. In that moment Jonah kissed her (I was like "WOW, OMG" I didn´t expected). After they finish kissing a really hard rain began and when they returned home Casey remembered that she left Matt´s letter with her snorkel and other things at the Island. That´s when she decided to become independient and have sailing lessons so she can go to Lizard Island and recuperate Matt´s letter. However because of the rain Casey couldn´t read the whole letter because the ink had run. After this, in that same day Jonah wanted Casey to go with him to the main island and that´s when she found out the Jonah had a girlfriend and that he already knew that she had a boyfriend. However, both were okay with each other, they were not angry or somthing like that. 

Quotes 

"Who is Cindy?" I ask.
First he doesn´t say anything. He looks uncomfortable, as if his skin doesn´t fit right anymore and he´d like to shed it like a lizard. 
Finally he says, "Cindy´s my girlfriend. I thought Cyril was being facetious. I didn´t know there really was a storm out there named Cindy. I thought he meant Cindy´d be mad if she saw me with you"(149). 

Before reading this page I felt sorry for Jonah because Casey was hiding that she has a boyfriend and she was still deluding him. But all my feelings change when I read this whole page and now I feel bad about Cindy because both Jonah and Casey are having a great time together without feeling guilty of what they are doing. In the other hand, I don´t know what to think about Matt because I´m not sure what does he wanted to say to Casey in the letter he sent. That says: "Anyway, I really meant what I said before" and in the first page there was part of a word "ance" that as Casey say it could stand for romance and since Matt is working at the playground with Patty Harper maybe he also is having a summer love with her. So the truth is that I feel more sorry about Cindy because I don´t know what to think about Matt. 

"I remember when I was learning to drive a car," she says. "My father could not stop telling me when to slow down, signal, look in the mirror, start braking..."(155). 

This also happen to me when I am with my dad learning to drive the car and he starts to get nervous and telling me to slow down, to see around and to the front and he does´t stop talking and telling me the same exact things all over again. Even though he is like that while teaching me to drive I love him. 

Final Thoughts... 

All I can think about is what Matt wrote to Casey. Im really curious about it but Casey doesn´t write to him. I hope later she decide to write him because I REALLY want to know what he really meant. Also I predict that a strong storm is going to come and give problems to Casey since her dad and stepmother are gone for a few days and she is alone with her little brothers. 





No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario